SQF – Safe Quality Food
SQF – EAGLE has over 100 years of combined experience in managing food safety systems. It’s no wonder food companies worldwide turn to EAGLE to certify their food safety management systems to help them produce, process, prepare and handle food according to international and domestic food safety regulations.
Why SQF Certification?
SQF, Safe Quality Food, provides a comprehensive service to the food industry. Buyers and suppliers from around the world benefit from adopting a program that is truly global in nature. This enables suppliers to assure their customers that from farm-to-fork food and/or packaging has been processed, produced, prepared, distributed and handled according to the highest possible standards, at all levels of the supply chain.
SQF Certification has several advantages:
• It is the only scheme to integrate a quality component as well as food safety
• Reduces or eliminates the need for multiple, redundant audits
• Protects a company’s brand integrity
• Assures customers the processing of food and/or packaging is continually monitored to improve quality and safety
Contact us today to start the process.
What is SQF Certification?
SQF, Safe Quality Food, is a leading, global food safety and quality program recognized by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI). It is the only GFSI recognized standard that offers a seamless farm to fork food safety certification program. The program provides independent certification that a supplier’s food safety and quality management system conforms to international and domestic food safety regulations. SQF is supported by an increasing number of U.S. and international retailers and foodservice providers who express a preference for suppliers who implement HACCP-based (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) food safety and quality management systems. Certification is offered at three levels on an annual basis and requires an on-site practitioner to ensure food safety compliance and consistency.
SQF has released Edition 8 of the code and will be effective with all certification and recertification audits beginning January 2, 2018. Some of the key changes are no more levels, separate standalone codes, and numbering of the codes. You can download the various codes on the SQF Website.
More specifically, please follow these links to download the guidance documents for:
- The SQF Food Quality Code
- The SQF Food Safety Code for Manufacturing
- SQF Module 2 Manufacturing Guidance
SQF Fundamentals Program
SQFI has created a solution for small and medium sized suppliers who don’t have a robust food safety management program in place or want to take their existing program to the next level.
SQFI has developed the Fundamentals Program for Food Manufacturing and Primary Producers, both meeting the requirements in the GFSI Global Markets program, but are not GFSI benchmarked.
There are different Codes for the manufacturing and primary production food sectors. Each of these Codes are broken up into two different approaches- Basic and Intermediate. The Basic Code focuses on the implementation of the Code requirements and less about documentation. Within the Intermediate Code, there is an introduction of documentation however; implementation is still the main focus.
1) SQF Basic Fundamentals, is an entry-level Code for small or developing food, packaging and pet food manufacturers. The goal of the Fundamentals Basic Code is to guide sites in building their food safety programs.
2) SQF Intermediate Fundamentals, is the next step for small or developing food, packaging and pet food manufacturers who have a Food Safety Plan in place, but are seeking to further enhance their program. The program is HACCP-based, following CODEX.
To download your free Fundamentals Code and checklists, go to www.sqfi.com