GDP Food Safety Audit
GDP (Good Distribution Practices) Food Safety Audit – Companies turn to EAGLE to ensure their food safety polices and procedures are defined and implemented through third party, independent verification.
Why GDP Food Safety Audit?
A GDP Food Safety audit helps ensure that the products you are storing and transporting are safe for human consumption. It requires knowledgeable food safety professionals to make a dedicated effort to ensure food safety polices and procedures are in place and enforced. A GDP Food Safety audit is a stepping stone to preparing your company for accredited certification to SQF, FSSC 22000 and BRCGS that EAGLE can provide for you.
- Third party, independent verification of processes/procedures
- Validating effective and proper allergen management – the #1 cause for recalls
- Ensured adherence to applicable prerequisite programs
- Strengthened programs for compliance to regulatory requirements
- Showing due diligence to provide safe products to consumers
What is a GDP Food Safety Audit?
A GDP Food Safety Audit focuses on preventing contamination and reducing risk. The audit is broken up into three areas:
FOOD SAFETY SYSTEMS
• Management Responsibility
• Product Adulteration/Contamination
• Allergen Program
• HACCP Program (optional)
• Food Security/Food Defense
• Food Safety Training
QUALITY HANDLING OF PRODUCT
• Written Food Safety/Food Quality Procedures
• Supplier/Service Provider Monitoring
• Customer Complaints
• Recall program, Withdrawal, and Product
GOOD DISTRIBUTION PRACTICES
• GDP Program
• Facilities (Premises)
• Employee Practices and Processing Practices
• Preventative Maintenance and Equipment
• Storage and Transportation
• Handling of Food Products
• Foreign Material Control Program
• Air and Water Quality
• Restroom and Break Room Requirements
• Cleaning Equipment and Chemicals
• Cleaning, Sanitation and Housekeeping Procedures
• Pest Control
Contact EAGLE today to schedule your GDP Food Safety Audit!