Preventive Controls for Human Foods – Live Virtual Training
This 3-day course includes the materials developed by the Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance (the curriculum recognized by the FDA) for the FSPCA Preventive Controls for Human Food Course. It also incorporates additional information for participants who have not had a HACCP course or need refresher HACCP training. Items in red in the agenda are the supplemental HACCP material. Participants will potentially receive two certificates of training.
The training will be conducted via Zoom and recorded if or as required. Participants are required to use audio and video so the instructor can verify active participation. If the video connection is not stable, participation will be confirmed initially then continued participation verified via discussion, chat, text, or email throughout the course. Exercises that are part of the course may be required to be submitted to the instructor verbally, by email, or via screen-sharing. Group exercises will be completed using breakout rooms. Prior to the course, participants should ensure Zoom capabilities.
Hard copy course materials (book, workbook) will be shipped to participants prior to the course. Participants who register less than 2 weeks prior to each class are not guaranteed hard copy materials in time for class. For ‘late’ registrants, electronic materials will be provided as needed and hard copies will be sent only if requested.
This course will include an exam to help verify effective learning. Preventive Controls Certificates are not dependent on quiz results, rather this is based on active participation and demonstration of understanding throughout the course. HACCP Certificates with the seal from the International HACCP Alliance are dependent upon exam results and will be issued for a score of 75% or better. The exam is delivered using Google Forms.
The Agenda below indicates the curriculum that is to be achieved daily. Break times may extend the duration of the course.
- Introduction to Course & Preventive Controls
- Overview of a Food Safety Plan
- Introduction to HACCP
- Good Manufacturing Practices & Prerequisite Programs
- Biological Food Safety Hazards
- Chemical, Physical & Economically Motivated Hazards
- Preliminary Steps in Developing a Food Safety Plan
- Exercise: Preliminary Steps of HACCP
- Resources for Preparing Food Safety Plans
- HACCP Principle 1: Conducting a Hazard Analysis
- HACCP Principle 2: Determining Critical Control Points
- Hazard Analysis and Preventive Control Determination
- Review Day 1
- Exercise: Conducting the Hazard Analysis
- Process Preventive Controls
- HACCP Principles 3-7 Determining Critical Limits, Monitoring, Corrective Action, Verification and Record Keeping
- Exercise: Principles 3-7
- Verification and Validation Procedures
- Record-keeping Procedures
- Exam for HACCP
- Review Day 2
- Allergen Preventive Controls
- Sanitation Preventive Controls
- Supplier Preventive Controls
- Recall Plan
- Regulation Overview – cGMP and Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls for Human Food
- Closing comments
DATE, TIME & LOCATION
This virtual class will be Wednesday, April 17th – Friday, April 19th, 2024 | 9AM-5PM ET Daily
Requirements for virtual class: Participants must have technical capability for camera and audio connections plus email correspondence for workshop assignments. Camera must show each participant in view during all training presentations.
The virtual class rate is $950.00. If three or more persons from the same company register at the same time, a 10% discount is applicable.
Please note: Class participation is valid only for the person registered for the class. No other participants are permitted to attend the course without a paid registration. Persons who register less than 2 weeks prior to the class are not guaranteed hard copy materials on time for class.
HACCP Consulting Group will email course login details about a week prior to the course start date. If you don’t receive this email, please notify EAGLE at email@example.com.
INSTRUCTOR – Cathy Crawford
Cathy is President of HACCP Consulting Group. She specializes in food defense programs and was the instructor for a series of food defense workshops sponsored by the USDA Food Safety Inspection Service (FSIS). She also facilitated national focus group meetings, bringing together industry, trade association, and FSIS representatives to produce new model voluntary food defense plans and FSIS Guidance Material.
Ms. Crawford is an enthusiastic trainer who has provided HACCP and other food safety training to a wide variety of businesses including meat and poultry processors, bakeries, fruit and vegetable processors/packers, and food service establishments. In addition to her contributions within the HACCP Consulting Group, she is also a Senior Consultant for the Quality Support Group and was an adjunct instructor at the Culinary Institute of Virginia.
- Cancellation 21 or more days prior to an event: Full refund.
- Cancellation 15-20 days prior: Cancellation fee of $150.
- Cancellation 14 days or less prior: No refund.
- Registrants may transfer to an equivalent course at no charge provided notification is given 3 days prior to the original course date, and the new course is within 6 months.
- If EAGLE must cancel an event (e.g., due to weather, illness, or unexpected unavailability), registrants will be 100% reimbursed for paid registration fees or provided the opportunity to transfer to another course within 6 months or the original date. EAGLE is not responsible for any other expenses of participants (e.g. travel reservations).