EAGLE Careers – Director of HR and Finance
WE ARE GROWING AND LOOKING FOR FANTASTIC PEOPLE TO JOIN US!
Director of HR and Finance
EAGLE is seeking a candidate who will lead and direct the administration, financial, and HR teams in their day-to-day tasks, and will also partner with EAGLE Leadership Team members to ensure that organizational needs related to these functions are met and are in alignment with EAGLE Core Values and organizational goals.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
Partner with Executive Leadership
- Support executive leadership in driving organizational culture and employee engagement by utilizing employee engagement software, effective internal communications strategies, processes, tools, and training to promote morale and productivity.
- Lead the development and execution of Human Resources strategic and annual plans in alignment with the organizational goals, and mission
- Assist with the provision of expert facilitation and coaching to supervisors and managers regarding organizational development methods and tools.
- Manage the individual development planning process for executives and emerging leaders.
- Partner with executive leadership to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
Candidate Recruitment, Hiring, and On-Boarding
- Develop creative practices and programs that identify, source, assess and hire the best talent to meet changing and evolving business needs.
- Manage the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Ensure consistency across departments and appropriate communication among program, administrative, and fiscal staff through the hiring process.
- Provide on-boarding services and organization orientation to all new staff members and ensure department and/or program level orientations are standardized and effective.
Professional Development and Performance Management
- Train, coach, and support managers to navigate evaluation, training, promotion, discipline, termination, and other HR issues.
- Collaborate with managers to update job descriptions across the organization and implement a system for regular review and revision to descriptions.
- Oversee performance management system for employee evaluation.
- Evaluate and update EAGLE’s complete benefits plan as required.
- Analyze trends in compensation and benefits relative to peer organizations; research and propose competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Negotiate benefits plan renewals to balance quality coverage with expenses for EAGLE and employees.
- Supervise the HR team members for all payroll and benefits administration-related responsibilities and monitor relevant reports to ensure accuracy.
- Serve as the staff lead for all 401(k) administration responsibilities (in coordination with our third-party administrator).
General HR Administration and Systems
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Understand, interpret, and share relevant laws related to personnel management and ensure all HR processes and actions comply with these laws.
- Manage all HRIS systems with technical support from the IT Manager.
- Review current HR systems and explore, and ultimately recommend and implement, new systems based on organizational needs.
Director of Administration and Finance Role
- Supervise an administrative and financial team of five including the Administrative Financial Manager, HR & Senior Financial Coordinator, Senior Financial Coordinator, Financial Support and Office Coordinator.
- Partner with IT Manager on issues related to IT helpdesk, staff technology acquisition and maintenance, and security system providers.
- Develop and maintain office security protocols.
- In-depth knowledge of management principles and supervisory practices.
- Strong understanding and experience in managing different business functions such as HR, finance, accounting, and administrative services.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Proven abilities in critical thinking, development and implementation of processes, and problem solving.
- Minimum 10 years of extensive administrative and senior leadership experience in human resources.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business Administration or related field; MBA a plus.
- Experience with Cornerstone and Office Vibe software a plus.
- SHRM Certification preferred, but not required
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
Standard office work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. This position offers a hybrid remote work setup, requiring attendance at the Dayton, OH office a minimum of three times per week.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance programs available
- 401K program with company contribution (after the first year)
- Opportunity for growth
- Flexible work environment
- Paid holidays and vacation time
- Volunteer Time Off
- Monthly Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Staff Appreciation Events
- Company-paid covered parking
- Business-casual work environment
- Training & Development Opportunities
- Open Door Policy
No phone calls, please.
EAGLE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Jennifer Canny.